10 May 2013

Orango at the Southbank Centre.

The Philharmonia and Esa-Pekka Salonen's performance of Shostakovich's Orango (and the Symphony No.4 of course!) is less than a week away (May 16). I've been looking forward to this concert since I bought the ticket in September and I cannot adequately express how excited I am for it. I wrote about the recording and also the history of Orango in this post, but here's a little something extra. The Philharmonia Orchestra made a promotional video for the concert, with lots of information and interviews and music, and it is fantastic and makes me even more giddy with excitement. 





If you live in the London area (or anywhere in England, it's worth a trip, really) I urge you to go to this. There are still tickets available, including student tickets (50% off) and it will be an unforgettable evening. Get those tickets here.

No comments:

Post a Comment